With fall just around the corner that means cooler weather is coming, and for me that means football watching!
Sometimes putting together snacks for the games can be tricky but a nice big pot of chili goes a long way if you are feeding a bunch of people or it can last you a week’s worth for meals….
Not to mention it’s simple!
This chili recipe is for my friends who like to spice things up a little.Now it’s not as mouth burning as that recent time that I accidentally bit into a habanero pepper (it hurts just to think about it) but it does have a nice kick to it. You can adjust the measurements as needed if you prefer a milder chili.
BeyondFit’s Buffalo Chicken Chili
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 5 gloves of garlic finely chopped
- 2 bell peppers of choice chopped
- 1 jalapeno seeded and chopped
- 5 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 Tbsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- ½ cup hot sauce
- 2 15oz cans tomato sauce ( I like to use “no salt added”)
- 1 15oz can crushed tomato
- 1 15oz can each white and red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- Heat oil in a large pot and cook chicken until browned.
- Add onion, garlic, peppers, and spices and cook for a few minutes for veggies to soften.
- Stir in sauces and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 1 hour.
I keep the beans (70% starch) in a separate container so that I can control the amount that I am having in each bowl. My two favorite ways to enjoy chili is over fresh spinach and romaine lettuce or over baked spaghetti squash.
What about you? Are you a chili lover? Comment below!
If you liked this recipe, we’ve got plenty more for you in the BeyondFit Life Member’s Portal!
READY TO GET IN THE ACTION? Click HERE to register and join 10,000+ other moms worldwide on the quest to banish muffin tops, thunder thighs and jello arms once & for all!