With fall just around the corner that means cooler weather is coming, and for me that means football watching!
Sometimes putting together snacks for the games can be tricky but a nice big pot of chili goes a long way if you are feeding a bunch of people or it can last you a week’s worth for meals….
Not to mention it’s simple!
This chili recipe is for my friends who like to spice things up a little.Now it’s not as mouth burning as that recent time that I accidentally bit into a habanero pepper (it hurts just to think about it) but it does have a nice kick to it. You can adjust the measurements as needed if you prefer a milder chili.
BeyondFit’s Buffalo Chicken Chili
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 5 gloves of garlic finely chopped
- 2 bell peppers of choice chopped
- 1 jalapeno seeded and chopped
- 5 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 Tbsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- ½ cup hot sauce
- 2 15oz cans tomato sauce ( I like to use “no salt added”)
- 1 15oz can crushed tomato
- 1 15oz can each white and red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- Heat oil in a large pot and cook chicken until browned.
- Add onion, garlic, peppers, and spices and cook for a few minutes for veggies to soften.
- Stir in sauces and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 1 hour.
I keep the beans (70% starch) in a separate container so that I can control the amount that I am having in each bowl. My two favorite ways to enjoy chili is over fresh spinach and romaine lettuce or over baked spaghetti squash.
What about you? Are you a chili lover? Comment below!
If you liked this recipe, we’ve got plenty more for you in the BeyondFit 7 Day Eat CLEAN & Train LEAN Challenge!
READY TO GET IN THE ACTION? Join us for the 7 day Jump Start for FREE: Join BeyondFit’s 7 Day Jump Start for FREE!